It has been so long since I last submitted an article for publication that I fear a mere political pass might not be appropriate and that I should delve into some new genre that I have not heretofore rendered for public consumption. Let's see....I have done poetry. I tried educational essays. Wasn't there a screenplay or stage play that I wrote some months ago? Haiku, yes, but I did that before I really knew what a haiku was. I have done at least one poll. Did I ever submit a puzzle? I may have. Then, of course, there are the tirades I have written about conduct on Newsvine and how everyone should write well, just not better than me.
Hey, I even held a Yard Sale on Newsvine a couple of years ago. Then the movie I made. Haven't done a podcast but I don't have a good voice so I stay away from doing recorded speeches. Oh, Oh, I know! I will ask Newsvine readers to provide me with subjects they would like to hear me speak out on. Actually, write out on. Send me suggested subjects and I will write an article for each of the best ten submissions. I often thought of doing one of those daily things like MS CYPRAH does or like R.Warner used to do but I can't be depended upon for regularity.
As an example of things that go round in my head I offer below the first 10 (ten) things that a modern Rumpelstiltskin said when he woke up after a century of sleep. From this you may discover which subjects are my strong points and make your entries accordingly.
1. So, Othello now is King of the US?
2. That girl must be in deep doodoo if she has to wear pants like that.
3. Yes, I would love to partake of your blackberry but will one be enough?
4. Have I overslept and missed something? This was all farmland when I lay down, now there is a crazy looking mouse running around and hugging kids.
5. I see the Germans and the Japanese have really buckled down and surpassed much of the world with their progress toward a peaceful future.
6. So, the Spanish won the war. Nice that they are keeping everyone's yard mowed and new roofs on the houses.
7. My, it sure seems warmer than I remember it.
8. Could I interest you in a case of buggy whips?
9. I need to get out of this country. I could go some place like Hawaii.
10. I dreamed I would awake to a new world with all kinds of wonders yet I don't see much change. I have to know just one thing though. Who turned all those noisy dragons loose with their round legs and shiny skins? They keep zipping up and down that road as if they owned the place.
The submission that gets me the most votes when published will win a prize. Send your idea to farmer.newsvine.com. Just contact the author.